The Desktop Support Engineer position is part of our dynamic, fast-paced, fast-growing Systems & Support Group. This role will provide opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in a vast array of applications and technologies, which in turn will help you rapidly move up to more complex system administration responsibilities.
An ideal candidate would be an intelligent problem-solver who has a passion for IT with great communication skills and the ability to work with a team to find solutions that exceed the customers expectations in a quick and efficient manner.
As you can see from the responsibilities below, this role has mixed duties in desktop support and systems administration. As an entry level position, a likely candidate will start out focusing primarily on the desktop support side. However, within a short period of time, you will be pushed to develop and take on systems administration responsibilities. This position leads to the opportunity to become a Systems Administrator.
- Deploy and Migrate Desktops and Notebooks
- Support end users by providing general desktop support
- Resolve issues related to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application IQMS
- Microsoft Active Directory Administration
- Prepare new hardware for integration in to customer datacenters
- Monitor critical applications and IT Infrastructure components
- Other independent project management
- On-site consulting trips as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related
- 1-3 years of experience in desktop support, field technician support, application support, or junior systems administration (full or part-time)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Detail oriented; follow and/or establish policies and procedures
- Networking – TCP/IP, Routing Principles, DNS, DHCP
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Windows Client Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office
- Software: Antivirus and Malware Software
- Microsoft Windows Server
- VMware vSphere or Hyper-V